GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gambian Reunion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 07:06:18 -0500
FROM ATLANTA:

Please allow us to enlighten you about the FACTS regarding the ongoing
negotiations to bring all existing organizations in Atlanta together just
so that there would not be surprises if indeed anyone plans to visit us
during the July Fourth weekend.

FACT: Yes, Mr. Saihou Njie is working diligently to bring all sides
together and we commend him for his effort as one of the elders of the
community, but we must also inform you that the meeting held on Saturday
May 5th was never attended by more than 14 people including Saihou Njie,
Sainey Faye , Ablie Njie (Alburi), Aunty Kuntumi and Mr. Omar Khan and the
rest are members of the now defunct AGCO despite intense reaching out
campaign highlighting the communities disapproval of over representation
by one group.

FACT: What is obvious is that ATLANTA wants PEACE & TRANQUILITY, and
people would rather be one than being forced to choose sides. Therefore,
until there is continued adherence to the adopted vote of March 31st, 2001
calling for equal representation from every organization including a
credible constitution respecting the existence of all organizations in
Atlanta, do not be baffled into believing that differences have been put
aside, because the honest truth is that Atlanta is still a divided
community and the situation is increasingly looking like there will be 2
July Fourth celebrations.

FACT: The Gambian Reunion Organization at (http://gambianreunion.org) will
continue to celebrate the July fourth as the DE FACTO organization
inclusive of all existing organizations to collectively celebrate the July
Fourth until there is EQUAL REPRESENTATION.

Other organizations in Atlanta are: The Atlanta Soccer Organization, The
Gambia Democratic Front, The Gambian Reunion Organization, The Women
Organization, The Christian League and The Islamic League and should be
equally represented in the EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE allowing the general body
to elect a chairman or president, and at the same time maintain their
existence, but will come together to address ongoing community issues
under the umbrella of a unified community organization.

Best Regards,
The Gambian Reunion Organization.
http://www.gambianreunion.org

ps: GRO would like to thank Mr Momodou Camara for making this subscription
a whole lot easier. We also appreciate George's effort when we couldn't
forward this message ourselves. In any case, it is important that both
sides of the story be told just so that there would not be surprises if
indeed anyone plans to visit us during the July Fourth weekend. We thank
all of you who made it to last year's reunion and we look forward to seeing
you this year. Please go to our website for more info on upcoming events.

G.R.O. Atlanta Committee