GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edward Small <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:51:35 -0000
Harona
Honestly I don't know what to think. If Bojang's resignation is true, then I
would say the cycle has come full swing. Bojang was the last of the
independent-minded journalists at the Observer, the last of the Kenneth Best
team, if you like. It is ironic that before the sale of the paper, its
foreign staff were constantly harassed by the government. Today, if Bojang's
resignation is true, the paper is set to have a foreign acting editor.
Nothing against Pastor Pascal Eze, a fine Nigerian gentleman and good
journalist. Only as the Ghanaian saying goes, a foreigner does not carry the
head of a corpse in a foreign land. Bojang's departure, if confirmed, would
mark the real beginning of the Observer as another Gambia Daily. This is my
reading of the situation. I stand to be corrected.
Pa Small