GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:16:15 -0400
Dear Mr. Jallow:

I again want to let you know that I know you personally.
I have read your narration of events on yahya's corruption
and they were the same stories you had told me on our way
to Rust College.  Afterall, every serial killer will deny
ever killing anyone.

You see dear brother, you do not have anything to hide.  I
admire your stance, but I am troubled with the faked name
you are using.  We questioned why Mr. Jobe was faking his
name.  Is it fair for you to hide your name and at the same
time attack other people's character?  My politics is base
on truth, nothing but the truth.  This is what God made and
this is what I cherish to have.

The rule of the game in politics is realism.  I can assure
you that yahya will try to protect himself and the rest of
his supporters.  At this critical moment of our struggle,
word from home is that the APRC does not trust the PPP.  Why
should we trust a PPP comeback?  Why should we mortgage our
future in the hands of people who negated our future for
over 30 years?  Why I ask?  Is the UDP now PPP?  Can we trust
the PPP again?  All we have asked for was a true coalition.

If there is a second round, Darboe and SM will have to negotiate.
I hope that we can come to our senses and lay a foundation of
inclusiveness.  I am a person who will negotiate for our
national interest.  We have fought so hard that we do not want a
divided opposition.  The sad thing about the whole issue is that
we failed in totality.  It is no point in passing blame.  Our
main concern is to get our country back.  Please let us pray.
Can we please close this matter?
Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-conteh
Greensboro, NC/Kombo East Constituency