GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:11:26 +0200
The Gambia Association in Oslo would like to thank The Gambian women in Oslo for their support and cooperation during the recent cultural week. We must confess that the cultural week this year is the most succesful compared to previous years, and part of the credit is accorded our sisters. They have manifested solidarity and active participation, and we feel very much obliged . Our hearts were filled with joy and admiration, and above all, they really made us feel home.

Worthy of special praise are Amie Njie, Fatou Sarr and Ann-Marie Hopson who played significant roles in mobilising the women.

The cultural week is celeberated every summer, and this year we had programmes like "zimba", "Hawareh", seminar. Traditional drumming and dancing with Alagie Nying, Children programmes and football matches with visitors from stockholm and Copenhagen.

Tapes are available from Amie Njie, Tel- 47-22688667.

Once again bravo to our sisters in oslo. We could not have done it without you.And to all the brothers, let us continue to honour and respect our women.

Regards,
Omar.