GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suntou Touray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:44:39 -0400
the laws of all western countries make the practice of polygamy criminal.
in apparently every western country there is polygamy ,in Britain some
people were persecuted but the large number of people go undetected.it is
in the nature of men to want to practice polygeny.
the western countries need to relax the laws against polygamy ,as long
two,three or four consenting adults aggree to share a husband i don't see
any crime in that.
i believe the men will take responsibiltity for there actions if they have
an affair with another woman .often times women bear the brunt of
responsibilty when the man denied fathering their child ,why? no
contractual aggreement binds them. eddy murhy is the lates celebrity high
prifile to denied fathering a child with scary spice girl mel B .
polygamy is a solution to some our societies problems ,however, it should
be at the woman's descrition whether she wants to be in the relationship
or not.
women have the right in islam to refuse to be in polygamous
relationship ,and if the husband insisted the woman have a choise either
to ask for devorce or stay in the relationship.
the issue of men is that we live a very short life compaired to the fairer
sex .so this leave a vacuum of surplus women .not surplus as in commodity
but outnumbering us. which technically mean what will the rest of the
unmarried women do ? a case happen in the gambia in late 1999 when our AAT
lecturer a lady of high intelligence could not get the type of man she was
looking for .any one she tough was sutable is alreay married. she was not
getting any younger and the only oudercious option was to scale down and
take less favourable candidate or remain unmarried for a while longer.
she end up following her heart by marrying an already married man call
alpha barry an accountant.
we taunt her for a while but hey she didn't care. love is love ,love is
fankotobanban.
cheers. i don't mean to offend any sister.
suntou.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい