GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:06:13 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/2002 9:45:57 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Baba Jobe a role model for youths
>
> The vice president, Isatou Njie-Saidy, has described the majority leader
> and National Assembly member for Jarra West, Honourable Baba Jobe as a role
> model for Gambian youths. Speaking at the victory celebration of the APRC
> in Karantaba, Mrs Njie-Saidy said Baba Jobe had continued to be a
> hardworking and dedicated supporter to the APRC Party.

Pa Modou Gassama,

This statement by the VP shows that these people are fooling no one but
themselves, and that all the things they say are just utter nonsense to self
medicate, and to fool those who choose to wear blinders as far as this rogue
regime is concerned. People like yourself whose self respect will never be
restored as far as I am concerned, and i know that those who refuse to
compromise the truth feel the same way.

 Baba Jobe a role model? The same Baba Jobe that went to an international
airport and pulled a gun out on people, and the same one that is alleged to
have orchestrated or led an ambush on the UDP campaign party upriver sometime
ago? The same baba Jobe that has been banned by the United nations? I guess
only Yaya Jammeh's kangaroo court and his shameless "Jalibaas"  who are
clearly not motivated by truth or decency could have tried and acquited Baba
Jobe of these allegations, although they definitely have a major problem
letting the courts decide issues that are yet to be looked into, but which
nevertheless affect the lives of many Gambians who are either the victims or
the relatives of victims.

Well, if this man is a role model as Isatou Njie Saidy says, then I wonder
what we are molding our youth to be.
I think the second sentence of this statement where  Baba Jobe is  touted as
an APRC loyalist is what is correct, and if this man is a role model, he must
be one for youth who are being groomed to be dispensers of Yaya Jammeh's
thuggery upon the people.
Gassama, I know that even you must feel nauseated by your character sometimes
when you look in the mirror.

Jabou Joh