GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:49:30 EDT
I\Assalaamu alaikum Ginny,

Thanks for the "food for thought" It is true that this issue will not be
resolved here.
I will also use this occasion to address KBs response to my post commenting
on this discussion. i am not taking sides KB. I have a lot of respect for
both you and Ous Ngum, and your point about the accusation by Ous is well
taken.

However, we have to remember that everything that we are addressing regarding
the Jammeh regime, as well as the Jawara regime where those wronged have
never had an outlet to have these wrongs addressed, will have to be resolved
in a court of law one day we hope. That is the venue where bot hthe accused
and the accusers will have the burden of proof against each other. Until that
time, all that can be offered are words, and from this, we cannot really
reach any conclusions.
I make my point again, that we tend to take thimgs a little too personal, and
so long as we Gambians do not learn to detach ourselves from the issues we
must discuss to get them resolved, we will never get anywhere. I urge you
guys to move one, and most important of all, I urge all of us to try to
cooperate in our effort to forge a better future for our country. We have to
begin to see the bigger picture people.
Thanks Ginny for the words of wisdom.

Jabou Joh

n a message dated 7/12/2001 2:54:43 PM Central Daylight Time,