GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:18:04 -0500
Brother Hamjatta, be rest assured that we are in this thing for the
long-haul. I also read into Tombong's arrival the same message you did after
I thought about the matter for a little while. I hope Karamba, Mboge,
Jassey-Conteh and others are not holding their breathes. It will be a
miracle to get the answers to your questions from Tombong. Defending Yaya is
a feat under any circumstances, let alone in a place where people's brains
are not stuffed with mud. Gone are the days when we will just engage in
debates about trivia while the case about the massacre of our children is an
unsolved mystery. If Tombong or anyone else wants, they can debate about
organizing wrestling matches or other trivia. They will not hear from us. We
will continue unmasking the murder and mayhem going on in our society. I
hope when we do that, we also will not hear from people that are preoccupied
with political correctness.

As you and Mboge said the last time, there is nothing stopping our
'issue-oriented' friends from discussing issues, apart from the fact that
they do not know what to say. We do not hold a gun to anybody's head and
tell them not to come to G_L and talk about their 'issues'. Surely no one
will lock them up if they say something we do not like. We will also not
fire any one from their jobs if they do not toe the line. What most people
that are whining about G_L are afraid of, is people pointing out their
inconsistencies and their emptiness. Well, we have a cure for that. Let us
all endeavor to be consistent and only speak when we have something really
important to contribute.

The jury is our on the List managers. I hope and pray for the benefit of
Gambians suffering back home, that God grant them wisdom to come out with a
statement that is not aimed at stifling debate in this forum. There is
nothing wrong with what we have right now. Why fix it?

I visited your Web-page. Great picture!!! Like they say in the Boys Scouts.
Be prepared. But I hope we would not get to that stage.
KB