GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 23:32:23 -0800
Sister Jabou you are right but some sort of double checking and counter control
has to begin somehow  as long as there are dishonest customs officers, who should
be doing their duties in the best interest of the nation. I have had countless
problems and threats when I tried to pay the CORRECT customs duty on some imported
items . You are technically forced to succumb to the illegal demands or risk not
getting your merchandise on time or in one piece.
This way we are all on one level plain BUT again as all of agree the end users
i.e. the average Gambian customers suffer by paying a higher price.

Well only God can help us with such predicaments because it is just a cycle and
whoever gets in takes their turn for the OSSUSU.
Regards