GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MLJ Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 21:21:27 -0400
Comrades:

I again want to thank Sister Jabou Joh, Brothers Edrissa
Njie and Toure for their support in calling for a boycott
by the opposition.  We have introduced a stance that I
hope will finally be adopted by the opposition.

The introduction of such a noble stance is in its
infancy.  I want to reiterate that I will contribute
to fund the opposition and will continue to send my
monthly subscriptions to Brother Joe Sambou.  Though
some members of the opposition have paid their contributions,
I want to propose that we send in monthly contributions.

I also want to encourage the leadership of the opposition
parties to engage the IEC in strategy and conditions for
participating in the presidential election.  If these
conditions are violated, which I know they will, then
the opposition has no choice but honorably boycott the
elections.

I again want to thank everyone in this debate.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh