GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:49:45 +0000
Dampha wrote:

"To paraphrase brother Saul Khan in one of his brilliantly written
pieces on fdig.org: ‘it is foolish to cut the hand that feeds you’.  Well,
that is exactly what the morons back home are doing.  This erratic move by
the government to expel yet another Western diplomat from the country goes
to show that little (if anything) has changed in the Dictatorship we suffer
back home. These people to do not have the wherewithal to do the right
thing."

Dampha,

The illusion that, without western aid we will not survive was shattered way
back in 1994/95 when they did their worst. They imposed santions on us,
paralysed our tourism industry and guess what; we survived it. The EU and
the US are only returning part of what they stole from us in the first
place; and like it or not, this government will not tolerate or accept any
foreign government or individual to lord it over us. No, we will not accept
it. Our sovereignty is not for sale or bargain. We have survived worst.
Whatever we may have learnt from the west, survival isn't/wasn't part of it.
They have suppressed us and even tried to annihilate us through the most
barbaric means vis-a-vis through slavery and we survived it. Rest assured
that we are not going back that way again. We would rather die than be
enslaved again.

Have a good day, Gassa.