GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 09:09:36 EST
Tombong,

For once, I gree with you. There is a need to protect the interest of
Gambians, and not only to have those in the diaspora form these organizations
in their respective locations, but it would also be nice indeed to have the
government of The Gambia involve itself with this by providing asistance to
Gambians in these emergency situations. Afterall, these are actually some of
the reasons that countries have representation around the World, to provide
service and protect the interest of their citizenry abroad in addition to
other business. However, in the case of Gambia, and where our embassies are
concerned,this will probably only be a pipe dream unfortunately.
For example, if the family of Mr Jones informed the Gambian enbassy in Sweden
about his dissappearance, what will they do to help find out what happened to
this Gambian? I wonder, and that is also very unfortunatel.
May Mr Jones' sould rest in peace.

Jabou Joh