GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 10:36:19 -0400
Joke, again you have exhibited your stupidity. Stop putting words in
people's mouths. You know you are lying about Manneh. Re-read what he said.
Among other things, he said: "It is therefore a blunt fact that for anybody
to win in Niani, the person MUST have the Wollof majority (the same is true
for upper fulladu west). You DON'T have to campaign on tribal line but you
need to address specific NEEDS of these people and must deploy tactics that
will shift their confidence and support to your party." Emphasis mine.

The man categorically told you that parties DO NOT HAVE TO CAMPAIGN ON
TRIBAL LINES. He simply stated a fact. Without the Wollof majority, you
cannot win. What is wrong with that statement? Ah! APRC can of course win
elections without the majority vote. They just have to buy people's cards
and disenfranchise them. What is wrong in finding out the unique
peculiarities of certain tribes and addressing those issues? That is all
Manneh is talking about. Darboe should know for instance that if he goes to
certain villages in Niani, he should speak Wollof. I see why you easily
jumped on Manneh. You have a deviant mind. People talk about tribes, you
start thinking about how to pit one tribe against the other. We are NOT in
that game. We RESPECT ALL THE TRIBES. We know that when Manned talks about
'NEEDS', he is NOT talking about pitting people against each other. The
Wollof majority do NOT 'need' to hear bad and divisive things about their
neighbors, the Mandinkas. They have more meaningful needs. We will address
those within ourselves in the Opposition ranks. For purposes of G_L, I just
pointed out to you one obvious 'need': the 'need' to respect people's
languages and address them in that language. We want to recognize people's
differences and celebrate and address those differences in a positive light.

Finally, I reassure you that we are always where we were. You come here with
lies, you hear from us. Period.
KB