GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:30:43 EDT
Jabou:
Getting involve in religious polymics is not my most favorit terrain, but it
is obvious that your religious beliefs, or intolerance of other's beliefs is
interfering with your objectivity.
The Ahmaddiyans, like other believers have every right to practise their
religion, as long as it does not threaten the social order. I have lived in
the Gambia most of my life, most of my friends attended Nusrat, and I am not
even sure what the Ahmadiyyans believes are. Would you really consider the
Ahmadiyyans aggressive group totally committed to converting people ? They
are good people and have demonstrated their clean heart to the Gambian
people. And if you think for a moment that such statement from the Imam is
not politically motivated, then you are definitely naiiv when it comes to
Gambian politics.

Musa JEng