GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:46:37 -0800
That is inspiring...Obama heads like yours truly couldn't do any better. The hope monger is finally getting his message through.

Canvassing in Missouri was an awe inspiring experience for me. I met people from diverse backgrounds. The only thing that brought us together is our belief that at this moment in time, Obama has what it takes to bring this nation together and get things done without opening up the cantankerous wounds of the 1990s. We brave the cold Midwestern weather, because we believe in the uplifting message of Senator Obama.

The victory watch party was the place to be for any political junkie. We were depressed for a minute when Missouri was mistakenly called for Clinton. But ecstatic when it was subsequently revised. Whew ... that was a relief.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote: When I see and hear Barack, I see me, my brothers from Latin America, Asia,
Arabia, and the Pacific Isles. Possibilities that can accrue from good
education, discipline, industry, and due-diligent consideration. Possibilities
accelerated by the benign ambiances of the greatest nation on earth at present,
America. Barack is the guiding light and spirit of the newer American
immigrants  defying hitherto awesome odds.

Barack reminds me that we are indeed the change we yearned (Ghandhi - Be  the
change you seek),
that we are indeed the ones we've been waiting for. These two statements  and
Barack's life examples reaffirm to me that we are our own prophets,
consecrated from birth with the building blocks of our lives from creation. That  when
we look for prophets and savior in other, we engage in foolhardy and
tomfoolery.

Barack reminds me that like whites, hispanics, asians, and arabs, blacks
also desire favourable ambiance for the comforts of life on earth and spiritual
conditioning for life in the heavens. That instead of wallow in despondency,
hopelessness, and listlessness, we must be inspired by example of our own
kind.  That that is the movement of YES WE CAN. The growing awareness that no one
can  free us but ourselves when we so desire. I thank Barack for the
inspiration. I will benefit greatly from my witness of him. That in all our  endeavors
and dreaming, we must tether unbridled hope to firmer moorings of the
realities of democratic life. Democracy is maximally appreciated when citizens
recognize their self worth and potential value.

I will take Barack's message and synthesize it for my life. I will share it
with my family, friends, and fellow citizens. That will be the climactic
movement for real change we can believe in.

48)

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

http://gambian.blogspot.com