GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
UNCLE JAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:25:51 GMT
hi guys,
I culled the story as it appeared on today's Daily Observer. Is anything in
the offing?

Singhatey loses two portfolios

A press release from State House last evening has announced that President
Yahya Jammeh acting under his constitutional prerogatives, has "reassigned
responsibility for Fisheries and Natural Resources to the Office of the
President with effect June 24 1999."

The responsibility was formely held by Edward Singhatey secretary of state
responsible for Presidential Affairs and the National Assembly.

No reasons have been officially given for the transfer of the portfolios.