GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:35:34 EDT
A full page ad was ran yesterday(Monday) on both the Point and independent
newspapers. I want to thank list members who supported the idea and made it
possible. I found editors at both papers to be very professional and
businesslike. Here is what the ad said:
"Today we join our fellow citizens in prayer and reflection to mark the
second anniversary of the brutal student killings. The collective conscience
of our nation remains blighted by both the creul nature of the crime and the
patent denial of justice to the families of the victims.To remain true to our
shared values, The Gambian people must insist that those who have been killed
and maimed receive fair judicial redress within the confines of our laws.
Mass murder is an intolerable crime especially when the victims by dint of
their age both expect and deserve protection. We demand a real and thorough
judicial inquest followed by vigorous prosecution of all responsible culprits.
     We pray  that The Almighty continue to grant the following departed
souls eternal blessing and continue to imbue those of us who are witness to
the tragedy inflicted on them the moral rectitude to continue to stand our
efforts in standing up for what is right for The Gambia and it's people. We
shall never forget you.
Bamba Jobarteh
Abdoulie Sajaw
Calisco Preira