GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:01:56 EDT
KB Jobe:
This is my take on the issue.  Yes, some of us has not been to The Gambia in
years but it is not for fear of leaving our jobs here.  Rather, it has more
to do with the political climate back home and, even so, I personally would
have no qualms about working on a private venture with other competent folks.
 Money is not really a factor either since our companies are quite good about
giving us incentives to stay there. This, to put it humbly.  Jobe, some of us
would never suffer in The Gambia and you know this.

On your quip against Sidia's selfless act, I believe that you are part of the
'me, me , me' generation and this is really what differentiates the APRC and
its stalwarts from other more selfless political parties.  To be honest to
you, I would rather see some civil servants take pay-cuts for the betterment
of the rest of the Gambian population.  This so that the 'forgotten' avergae
Samba who makes 300 Dalasi a month can make a bit more than this measly sum
of money unfit to even buy a bag of rice.

I would like to see the Dirimo's plane junked and sold for the betterment of
the people.  I would rather see his mansion in Kanilai auctioned again for
the improvement of our diverse peoples.  Finally, his exorbitant per diem
should also be slashed for obvious reasons.

With selfless people like Sidia in power, the average Gambian tax payer would
not be getting raped at the expense of one man and his chronies.