GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:47:55 -0400
Yusupha, I did NOT make "the conclusion that he (Sedat Jobe) is scared of
the terrorist, Baba Jobe, simply because he hung up the phone on a
reporter". There was another report on Gambian newspapers talking about an
earlier conversation the journalist had with Sedat Jobe regarding the same
Baabaa Jobe. In that conversation, Sedat expressed his fear that Baabaa Jobe
was capable of killing people. If you reread the piece you are querying, you
will see that I alluded to both reports.

Instead of making these vague statements about not trusting everything we
read on certain newspapers and on G_L, why don't you come out and point out
the misrepresentations people are making? If you have a problem with the
authenticity of anything I write, feel free to come out and question it and
show me where I spoke untruth. Rather than speaking in vague terms and
innuendo, we should come out plain and say what we want to say. We live in a
free country, don't we?
KB