GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 09:17:49 -0700
Mr. Gassama:

Thanks for the insight on the media bill.  I found it very interesting that you've spent time to give your opinion on this controversial bill.

One major obstacle is that the bill will curtail free speech.  Reading from the 1991 House of Representives' resolution of the bill, I have not read any mention of free flow of information. If that then is the case, why then should the National Assembly pass such a bill that in effect will affect free flow of information?

It seems that the more one tries to give a lending hand to the APRC government, the less appreciative the government tries to be.  There can be no genuine dialogue if this kind of dictatorial incentives are exhibited in the legislature.  I am of the opinion that the government is not interested in in working with those who want to give a lending hand.

I again what to thank you for your input.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh
Greensboro, NC/Kombo East Constituency