GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:12:31 -0000
Sheihk Tijan:

I am so saddened to have learnt of the passing away of Professor Joof. I
myself did not know Prof Joof, but his bright Sierra Leonean wife, Professor
Amy Joof of Fourah Bay College, has just spent a month here, as a visiting
professor, at the Centre of West African Studies, where I met her; and being
West Africans, naturally, we developed a very good working relationship. She
also became a mother figure to me, giving me advice and direction when
appropriate.

I hereby extend my deepest condolences to my mother, Prof Amy Joof, and the
rest of the bereaved family, on this sad loss. May his soul rest in peace.

Ebrima Ceesay,
Birmingham, UK