GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 08:30:57 EST
What I am actually curious about is given the method by which these absentee
landlords acquired these properties, and given the circumstances in then
Rhodesia where these people were laying claims to what was not rightfully
theirs, could a case not be argued that they are not really entitled to the
land, and thus have to give it back to Zimbabwe in much the same way that
they handed over the country at Independence? Surely a good case can be made
of this. If anyone is to compensate these people for this land, it has to be
the British government who was runnig around colonizing lands that they had
no legal right to. These guys just landed on our continent and proceeded to
divide it amongst themselves for heaven's sakes.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 2/19/00 3:33:04 AM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]