GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pamodou Gassama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 19:24:41 -0000
ATTN: EBRIMA CEESAY

For you to deliberately try to tarnish my image is most regrettable. I am
responding to you here because many of my friends feel I should. If your
actions are meant to undermine my integrity then I am disappointed. My
relationship with you dating back to when you were in form 1 at Latri Kunda
school while I was teaching to the time you went to the GTTI up now is very
restrictive of me.

For the record:
1.      As the senior manager Planning and Development for Gamtel I head one of
the most important and demanding divisions within the company. Having headed
this division since 1st January 1994 (At least 6 months before the coupe of
1994) speaks for my record.
2.      During this period I have presided over the expansion of Gamtel’s network
from about 17,000 lines mainly in the Greater Banjul Area to almost 35,000
lines throughout the length and breadth of the country today.
3.      You have never known me to be anything but a man of integrity.
4.      I have always done my work as professionally as I can and all those who
know (including my colleagues at Gamtel) can testify to that and there is
nobody in Gamtel who will testify that I have ever treated them unfairly or
out of malice.
5.      I am not a greedy person. If I were I would have still been working for
the GCAA. For your information in 1981 I resigned from the then Post and
Telecommunications Department to work for the then Department of civil
Aviation as a grade 10 cadet but resigned 2 weeks later and returning to my
former position (Grade 6/7) due to the unfavourable working conditions at
the time. I could have also colluded with those who built the airport to
privately plan and implement the new airport terminal telephone network for
much more than Gamtel will pay. Those who are close to me will also tell you
that 2 weeks before the 1994 coupe I declined an offer from NASA to be their
residential Engineer in Gambia.
6.      Over the years I worked in the various sections of Gamtel without ever
being queried for the way I perform my duties.

Best regards,
Pamodou Gassama.

PS. Please deal with Kebba Jobe if you want.