GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ansumana Kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 01:00:10 -0000
MR. EBOU COLLY:

Where have you been hibernating? We really missed you. I was really
wondering where in the World you were? I also read this story on the PANA
NEWS last night, and the moment I saw it, I knew that the INDEPENDENT
NEWSPAPER had not vividly clarified the meticulous details of the entire
story; they should have done a more thorough job in compiling all the facts
of the story in order to give their readers a more clearer picture. In any
case, this kind of inhumane treatment of decent human beings, especially
those with whom you were comrades in the Military is absolutely pathetic and
sheer wickedness. I was talking to some who was in the Military together
with these soldiers who are suffering in MILE TWO PRISONS who told me that
in some instances, they have been denied food, water and medical treatment.
Frankly, in this 21st Century, I could not believe that such a situation of
human maltreatment and animal behavior is prevailing in my beloved country.
This is ridiculous and unacceptable. I wonder what those so-called GNA good
soldiers are doing? I am not a military man, but I wonder how MORON JAMMEH
has been able to survive all these years without even a much tougher
opposition in the GNA. This is heartbreaking my brother. As history just
taught us yesterday, one of the World's crime committers against humanity,
SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC of Yugoslavia, has been arrested and is now behind bars.
I think this should be a lesson to the MORON, but the thing is the MORON's
mediocre brain does not allow him to even comprehend basic human decency; he
will continue to commit crime against humanity till the time is ripe for him
also to face the Courts to answer his deeds.

My brother, another heartbreaking development in The Gambia today is the
Elections results currently emerging from the BADDIBOUS and KIANGS. I could
not come to terms that APRC has WON in the KIANGS, whiles only narrowly lost
in the BADDIBOUS. Frankly, if these election results were fair and square,
then it is absolutely frustrating, taking into account what may happen in
the PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS, come OCTOBER. But any how, let's wait for more
details to emerge form these areas. But, on the other hand, if what has
emerging, VOTE BUYING, becomes true, then this is a clear indication of the
fact that MORON JAMMEH has succeeded in MENTALLY ENSLAVING even our local
people. I had believed in what BROTHER SAUL KHAN said about the honesty and
integrity of the local people as opposed to the City dwellers; but in this
case, that analyses doe not hold water any longer. It is POVERTY that had
opaqued the minds of the local people. This has all been as a result of
MORON JAMMEH'S strategy, ie make people to suffer, so frustrated and hungry
till the gasp for breathe. Consequently, even a bag of rice could make them
sell their votes. The country's economic condition is so terrible that even
three daily meals becomes a problem for many. Therefore, considering the
fact that a head of a household could not even afford a bag of rice, giving
that head of household a D1000 or more could obviously buy votes of the
entire household. To put it in a nutshell, POVERTY beyond an bearable point,
does seriously impinge on HONESTY and INTEGRITY. Imagine that even our
so-called intellectuals like JOSEPH JOOF could not stand test of time. They
could not bear the little hardship and frustration they experienced,
consequently, their HONESTY and INTEGRITY could not stand it. It is
absolutely heartbreaking to see that despite the TORNADOES of INTIMIDATION,
TORTURE, KILLINGS and ARRESTS without warrants, still our peoples could get
it. This is a clear indication that WE have a very rough road ahead. To that
end, EBOU COLLY, welcome back. We really missed. Good to see you back.

Ansumana Kujabi(THIRD- Truth Telling, Honesty, Integrity, Responsibility and
Democracy)