GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ADAMA NJIE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 10:18:14 +0100
Former AFPRC Strongman Apologises to President Jammeh

Email This Page

Print This Page

Gambia Radio & TV News (Banjul)

November 16, 2001

Posted to the web November 16, 2001

Omar Sallah

Banjul

Captain Ebou Jallow, the former AFPRC Spokesman has in the last few weeks
written a few times to President Jammeh to seek the forgiveness of the
Gambian President.

The latest letter titled, "Letter of Apology to President Jammeh" was copied
to all the local media houses in the Gambia.

In it, the former AFPRC Strongman, who is presently studying at the
Georgetown University in Washington DC, extended his sincerest
congratulations to the President and the APRC.

Mr. Jallow then proceeded to publicly apologise to President Jammeh.

He wrote, "Years have passed since we last heard from each other. I choose
to break the silence today and render my unconditional apology to your
Excellency. I cannot list the wrongs and trespasses I have committed against
you in person without exhausting this letter."

"Only the divine grace of Allah and the love of Christ can ever solve the
mystery of passions that have divided us. I wish you well and pledge my
support to all your sincere efforts towards the development of the Gambia."
he continued.

Ebou Jallow ended his passionate appeal with the following words, "I pray Allah's infinite mercy to accept our supplications during the holy month of Ramadan."