GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2006 15:03:57 +0200
"The list goes on. Who is responsible for this? Without venturing to cause
an all out war, can it possibly be those with the four letter last name who
seem to attach everything good and positive to their last name? You know
those people? Those who eat so much but try to blame the Jobes for being
"teet"...."

Buharry,

Phew!

The "Mbarawachs" don't need to blow their own trumpet, you know; others do
it for us. Remember Mam Yallah N...? :-)

Bye the way, my uncles (my mother's first cousins) are Mbye, the late Proff.
Lamin Mbye, Dodou and Banja Mbye et. al, so I've never liked the
negative tag attached to their name. When it is let loose on the Jobes
however (they wouldn't even notice for they be busy chewing) I have never
minded :-)

Regards,

Kabir.

On 5/9/06, Momodou Buharry Gassama <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi!
>    Is there anyone who like me has wondered what the Mbyes did to the
> Wollofs? The Wollof language seems to have linked a lot of negative
> attachments to their last name. Examples are:
>
> "Chem Mbye"
>
> "Teetan Mbye"
>
> "Nasahaan Mbye"
>
> "Nyaawaan Mbye"
>
> "Toyaan Mbye"
>
> The list goes on. Who is responsible for this? Without venturing to cause
> an all out war, can it possibly be those with the four letter last name who
> seem to attach everything good and positive to their last name? You know
> those people? Those who eat so much but try to blame the Jobes for being
> "teet". Me na call no name. Have a good day.
>
> Buharry.

> Web interface

> http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい