GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malamin Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:01:36 +0000
Doesn't a judge sign a warrant for one to get arrested in Gambia? I wonder
who is next on the arrest list.

From http://www.observer.gm

NEWS
Tarik Musa arrested
By Pa Malick Faye
Jan 21, 2004, 11:49

Tarik Musa, proprietor of TK Motors the sole dealers of Mitsubishi in The
Gambia, has been arrested and detained by the National Intelligence Agency
since Sunday night.
According to reports reaching Daily Observer, Mr Musa was arrested at the
Banjul International Airport shortly after his arrival from a prolonged
foreign trip during which he tied the knot with his fiancee in Lebanon.

Following the news of his arrest, the Inspector General of Police was
contacted but denied that Mr Musa was in their custody.
The director-general of the National Intelligence Agency, Daba Marenah was
said to have travelled out of town and his deputy, Pa Suso could not be
reached for clarification.
When contacted, the NIA public relations officer, Abdoulie Sanno, said, “I
cannot say anything on this matter. I have not been at the office since
Monday as I am right now busy with some official duties outside. You can
contact the senior officers if you want to know anything about it.” However
no senior official would volunteer information on the matter.

However, this paper has learnt that Mr Musa has indeed been arrested and
detained but could not confirm over what.
Mr Musa’s partner and brother, Musa Musa, said to be the proprietor of
Paparazzi, was also said to have been picked up but this could not be
confirmed.

© Copyright 2003 by Observer Company

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max!