GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
abdou sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:27:40 -0800
Good comment Haruna.Your remarks I has focus my
attention on the article I wrote to the L while in the
Gambia about geo-political implication of the
Cassamance crisis. I have been conducting research
with win-rock international in Foni.The assignment
enable me to move into the rebel held areas. To my
understanding Jammeh and his Jolla relatives are
contributing both finanically and moral support to the
rebels.I will have time to explain the conflict to the
list members sooner.
Abdou Karim Sanneh Manchester,UK
--- Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<HR>
providing all facilities needed for fishing but he
wonders why it is only foreigners who fish and only
foreigners who take advantantage of these
facilities.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jammeh provides development funds for agriculture
but he wonders why only women and foreigners take
advantage of these and not Gambian men.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jammeh wonders why Gambian men do not engage in
food-crop production but only cash-crop production for
which they receive promisory notes on rice
paper.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jammeh did tell those same Gambian women that
there would be an increase in the number of widowers
if their husbands did not vote for them or at the very
least, an increase in destitute families with
unemployed breadwinners. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>When Gambia is excluded from important fora,
Jammeh highlights the other African countries that are
also excluded instead of realizing why Gambia is
excluded and ensuring the problems are rectified. He
still wonders why foreigners are the only ones taking
advantage of his facilities. Maybe Jammeh ought to ask
Gambian men what is wrong and listen to them&nbsp;so
that he can better serve them.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jammeh says he gave "free" tractors to "all
farmers" and he wonders why agriculture is not
mechanised already.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jammeh says he borrows money from Allah's bank,
he also blames Allah for his shortcomings. Allah will
provide electricity to the remaining 90% of Gambia,
Allah will give APRC 50, 52, 53, 70, or 80% of the
votes when Allah so chooses, Allah is bring Dumo's
case to trial, because Allah arrested Dumo and the
rest. I guess Allah is still figuring out where the
evidence supporting their charges will come from. May
be Gambians are better off electing Allah as our
President or is it that in electing Jammeh we are
indirectly electing Allah? Gambian men wonder.
Foreigners agree.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jammeh says you can't expect government to go
fish. Wonder why? Government already is responsible
for providing electricity, obtaining loans and aid on
behalf of unassuming Gambians without the express
authority of their agency. Why not go fishing. What
does government do between 8 and 4 every workday
besides identify which Gambian men to murder, maime,
fire, harrass, imprison, or bribe for their
conscience?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It is time for Jammeh to let the Cassamance
problem arrive at the proper solution without fanning
the flames of bigotry and Munaafiqism. Cassamance is
part of Senegal. If you cannot act as an honest broker
of peace, but out and solve your own problems. We do
not need Gambia's good name dragged into the sewer by
devils masquerading as
Samaritans.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV></div><br
clear=all><hr>Chat with friends online, try MSN
Messenger: <a
href='http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag1_etl_EN.asp'>Click

To view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web
interface
at:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html
To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail
to: