GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Seedy SaidyKhan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 02:49:48 EDT
G,

It is always of paramount importance for one to understand and remember what
he or she preaches. Tombong is like any other individual on the List. One may
not like what he writes, but that does not warrant him being unsubscribed
from the List. He argues his points, but does not violate any rules or
regulations governing the list. Above all, anytime something happens that is
of public concern, there is always someone out here who will ask for his
opinion. He does not have to write to please anyone or any group of people,
but express his thoughts. Freedom of Speech is a fundamental human right.
Asking for his removal from the List is just tantamount to AFPRC/APRC
demanding for the closure of Radio 1, FM. because they do not like what they
air.

It will be insane to teach principles of democracy and practice
authoritarianism. Unless such attitudes are changed, we as a people will
never be better off. Because we will continue to make the same mistakes that
hinder us from socioeconomic and political progress.

S.S. Saidykhan