GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 20:18:50 -0000
Harona,

You know, you're one sorry little twerp, and I need not waste my time with
you, so this will be my final word on this. You damn right, I've shown the
stuff I'm made of: I do not swallow anyone's garbage! I know a lie when I
hear/see it, and I recognize a hypocrite when I see/read one. Both of these,
you are -BASED ON SOLID FACTS!

Despite your attempt to befog the issue, it remains that you've accused me
of having "oppressive tendencies" by pointing out the lie in your claim of
being a "neutral" observer of The Gambia's political scene. Ironically, YOU
YOURSELF admitted EXACTLY what I posited! So, how in the world am I
"oppressing you?" Do you have ANY decency in you? In the first place, how
can you feel "oppressed" by hearing the truth? Especially one that YOU
yourself VOLUNTARILY admitted? And you're trying to label and define me for
that? You aren't the first to try that. Many before you have tried and
failed miserably. What irks your type about me is the fact that I see
through your phoniness completely. So for lack of anything substantive to
say, you resort to painting me. How pathetic!

On your "neutrality," when I told Kebba Jobe Daddy Nying several weeks ago
that I concurred with his observation that the APRC govt was doing something
positive (as opposed to the PPP) in several segments of our national life,
you were the one who jumped in to commend me for being objective! You said
among other things that "a sincere person will see the difference."  And by
the way, you've NEVER chipped in to add to my innumerable criticisms of the
APRC govt. So much for neutrality! But in any case, how did I -within a
matter of FOUR WEEKS- changed from being your "sincere person" to being an
"oppressive" one? Is this the same Harona Drammeh, or will the real one
speak up? So, I'm objective and sincere when I give the APRC credit, but I'm
"oppressive" when I point out hypocrisy on your part? How very convenient!

On some of the rubbish you've said, all I can advice you to do is to pay
more attention to your studies, because at this point, you simply don't seem
to understand written English. It takes more than being a Gambia TV News
Announcer to understand what is being said. You wrote:
"Educate me further, sir, are you in opposition to the APRC because of a
job, your family, or the fear for your life? If you are- you must be even
more retarded than i expected you to be..."

This is simply counter-intuitive to what I said. Go back and re-read what I
wrote, because you simply don't understand English. And another thing, don't
project your mentality on me.

You wrote:
"Come- on, Koto, stop being senselessly sensitive and bottomless. You are no
better Gambian than anyone on this forum. You cannot profess to have such a
desire that is alien to any of us- unless you have a personal undeclared war
with the APRC/ Yahya Jammeh. Which, by the way, is your business!"

"Senselessly sensitive" and "bottomless"? Really. I'm "No better Gambian
than anyone on this forum."? Harona, there is more to communication than
putting mumbo-jumbo together. I gave a generic rejoinder to  Soffie Ceesay's
very frank look at "fence sitting." You accused me of having "oppressive
tendencies," but shamelessly turned around to admit exactly what I said
about neutrality! You made no apologies, or retractions. And I am
"Senselessly sensitive" and "bottomless?"
On being a better Gambian than anyone, that has NEVER been my claim. But,
whether on this forum or anywhere else, I'm NEVER found wanting when it
comes to doing what I can for my country. Unlike your type, I'm not on this
forum to make silly noise. I ACTUALLY walk the walk. You MUST be suffering
from a complex to even go there. I can't help you with that. You REALLY need
serious growing up to do.

You also wrote:
"Saul, you must be a damned fool, to wanna make me what i choose not to be!
This is not the language i would have used, but judging from your
non-acceptance of divergent opinions/positions- and your immature stance, i
will reserve my respectable language to those who deserve it. Not you!"

Slow down Little Boy. What do I "wanna make you (me) what you (i) choose not
to be!?" Are you ok? I've stated very clearly that I simply don't give a
hoot what YOU believe. And I don't! My ONLY concern has to do with basic
INTEGRITY! You said you're "neutral" and I posited that "there's no such
thing as neutrality." You YOURSELF turned around and said on this very forum
that yes "there's nothing like 100% neutral...;" that among your inner
circle you feel free to divulge your true feelings -WHICH IS EXACTLY MY
WHOLE POINT in the first place! So, what have I tried to MAKE you? Surely
you're not implying that I coerced you into admitting what I said on Friday.
Now, who is the "damned fool?" I said something, you object to it, then
filpped back again and admitted it WITHOUT realizing what you did, and you
have the nerve to call anyone a "damned fool?" Boy, a "damned fool" is
someone who makes an idiot of himself in public! See, I DON'T need to call
you a "damned fool." You've done a wonderful job of that yourself. Go
figure.

On your accusation of my "non-acceptance of divergent opinions/positions,"
that's another BLATANT lie, and anyone who follows me here knows that. I
have ABSOLUTELY no problems admitting the truth from any quarter! I got in
trouble with some of my compatriots when I admitted some points to Kebba
Jobe Daddy Nying. As a general rule, I could care less what the name
attached to a piece is. I read the content, and go with my convictions.
Naturally, I tend to agree more with some people than others. But even for
the ones I agree with most of the time: Hamjatta, Kebba Dampha, Bamba Lye,
etc, I'm on record here disagreeing with them on some issues. If you had any
decency at all, you
wouldn't have missed such an open secret. Who is more independent-minded on
this forum than me? Tell us. So, where is the person who doesn't accept
"divergent opinions/positions?" What another load of crap!

I have no problems at all agreeing with anyone as long as you show me the
truth. If you'll show me a FACTUAL problem with what I said, I'll
immediately retract my statements and offer you an unreserved apology. No
questions about that. But what I refuse to do is to swallow garbage just to
appear nice, or agreeable. Screw that! But it all boils down to honesty: one
either has honor and integrity, or one doesn't. In your case, you simply
have no clue what it means to have integrity, so I can't help you with that.
The forces responsible for such character traits are simply too strong to
contain.

In any case, we're in totally different leagues: I can say what I feel about
our national events without worrying about who may read my opinion. You have
shown that you lack the courage to be truthful, lest "they" take away your
"coveted" little TV Announcer job from you. (Uncle Tombong is watching we
all know.) I'm doing ok in a level-playing field, thanks to the little
skills I have. You don't have the courage to attempt any such thing. No
wonder you feel "oppressed" about my honesty. We're simply answering to
different masters. So save yourself the grief: don't be foolish enough to
come here and try selling a lie! Especially not to me.

Saul.

Ps: As an after-thought, I was wondering whether the (D2,500/D3,000?) a
month salary they pay you as a News Announcer on Gambia TV is worth
morgaging your soul to the Devil for? Surely you can do better than that? If
you're going to close your eyes to the suffering of your fellow citizens, it
seems awfully pathetic to me that you'll settle for such a paltry amount.
But I guess, to a small-mided Little Boy, having his image on the tube is
enough payment. They call it "being hip" (High School girls coo over you, I
understand. What a sorry life! Enjoy you sun!

Saul.