GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"EssaHBSCode241." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:35:13 -0800
Reading thru the daily observer today made me smile and sad at the same time.Sad because the reality is still being covered and some of us know that this steam will never miss seeing a volcanic crater in the future.Who will pay the price? Gambians no doubt.
Smiling because it is always sweet to know that HE WHO LAUGHS LAST LAUGHS THE BEST! Lets just watch and see.Oil and water can always be in one glass but never will they mix.Oil is liquid,water too is the same but why do we refuse seeing leaking oil tankers on our oceans? Because they kill the sea species! Politics also is a big sea where decadence  could be the killer-oil.
APRC reconciles,Service chiefs touring The Gambia within the same week? "Baahna" Why didn't the second in command the woman heading the security council meetings all these years go with the chiefs or at least be quoted some where along the lines?
She knows herself and they know her no need for me to extend my paragraph on that.
Wolahi! No one can fool God! If this article is not bad omen then lets just watch never will Demba's predictions fail God willing! Security is always paralysed by internal and external forces.If the citizens and their ideas are made secondary then who are these so-called  security experts fooling? Experts?! Am telling you this country is a real joke!
There is a big difference BETWEEN STABILITY AND PEACE! Just go boys you will see.

The best security apparatus is the one that forecasts.Is security not like the weather? Ofcourse Yes! Forecast windy days,sunny days,tornadoes,snowy days,tsunamis or floods etc etc.Predicting weather with wrestlers instead of geologists,metereologists and the like could be the same as forcing a pilot to fly a renault car! Time is watching!

Author:
Essa Bokarr Sey.

Security heads commence nationwide tour today
By Ebrima Jaw Manneh
Jan 26, 2005, 09:33

Email this article
 Printer friendly page
Assan Sarr, chief of staff of the Gambia Armed Forces (Gaf) and the service commanders of the Gaf accompanied by the inspector general of police, the directors general of the National Intelligence Agency, Immigration, Customs and Exercise and fire and ambulance services will embark on a nationwide tour of military units and installations of other security services.

The tour, which starts today, will end on January 30. According to a release from Gaf, the service chiefs will visit the Naval Fleet in Banjul, guards battalion and the Armed Forces Training School in Fajara, Tourism Security Unit in Kololi, Yundum Barracks, Kartong, Kundang, and Basse camps.

The delegation will visit the police intervention units in Banjul, Kanifing and Fatoto, as well as the police training school in Yundum, Farafenni police station and the Fire & Ambulance Services in Bakau.

They will also pay courtesy calls on the council of elders and administrative heads in the North Bank and Upper River Divisions in a bid to strengthen the cooperation and solidarity that exists between the security services and the communities.