GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ams Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:21:51 EST
In a message dated 3/13/02 11:57:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I hereby serve notice to the mental midgets running the country to
> familiarize themselves with US aid policies. The US is NOT Taiwan where
> junta members can go and get suit-case-loads of dollars. APRC should be
> rest
> assured that Congressional leaders with oversight on the disbursement of
> these aids also read State Department reports on Gambia (which by the way,
> reflects truly how US feels about Yaya’s dismal human rights record).
> Gambians in the Diaspora will also continue to highlight the illegal
> activities of this government. Our relationship with the US will only be as
> good as Yaya and his cohorts make it. If they continue abusing ordinary
> Gambians and stealing from government coffers, the US government HAS TO
> pull
> out. That is just the law. If they pull out again, POOR Gambians would bear
> the brunt of the suffering

Thanks again KB, I hope Gassa and Tombong got the drift by now. Good Day!
 If your education is not about gaining real power, not jobs, because your
jobs do not represent real power; not getting elected to office; fine
clothes; cars; or houses. If it is not about representing real power, you're
being miseducated & mislead, hence, you will die educated and mislead. If
your analysis of African issues is merely an exercise of feeling good about
yourself and your immediate surrounding, then you will die feeling good. AMOS
WILSON