GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sidi sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:15:57 -0800
Hamjatta,
The second part of my message should read thus:
Just a word or two on Russia:  it is exactly because
of the lack of sufficient attention being paid to the
pre-conditions stated above that has led to the
conditions you described.  Wolfesohn has finally
admitted failure, after countless warnings from
Stiglit, the outgoing and outspoken chief economist of
the World Bank.  Camdessus (IMF chief), on the other
hand,is perhaps less forthcoming.  Maybe after his
retirement(next month), he will go public with his own
assessment.
Meanwhile, I thank you for your pertinent questions.
Good day (sounds familiar?)
Sidi Sanneh
PS- I have apologised more often than the entire
membership combined. Be patient with me.