GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Sillah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 15:03:50 +0100
Hello G-Lers,
Am sure most of you are indeed hungry for information
on the by-election in Kaing and Baddibu...well just to
inform you know that everything is going on normal
with long queues formed as early as 6am especially in
Central Baddibu. So far no hitches have been reported
except for Kaif in Kaing East where the UDP village
chairman had some angry exchange of words with APRC
youth wing supporters. The man one Alhagie Fatty
according to our reporter who is covering the Kaing
area has now gone to Koliyor to avoid further trouble
following what our reporter calls repeated pestering.
Also our reporters are all over the two constituencies
giving us live reports of unfolding events. Citizen FM
will also be announcing on the spot of results since
counting is to be done at polling stations. I will
keep you posted  when the results start coming
in....although this may not be instant because i will
be chairing a discussion programme at 5pm with some
election experts aand journalists on the two
by-elections and what the results mean  for the two
contesting parties. Polls will close at 4pm gmt.

So watch out!!
E Sillah.