GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Basiru Ndow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 00:16:17 -0500
On Sat, 27 May 2000 01:38:46 +0200 Alpha Robinson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<<< "To conclude, I wish to challenge the list managers to prove me (and perhaps other
  more informed views to be heard) wrong beyond reasonable doubt. Should you fail to
  do so, then I would like to suggest that you remove the confirmation string and
  please spare all of us, including yourselves the unnecessary troubles. I would also
  like to further suggest that you initiate some kind of discussion or at least
  inform and solicit opinions from list members before taking any major decisions
  which will affect list members in a major way. By doing so, you will promote the
  spirit of collectivism and spare yourselves the blame afterwards, should things
  work otherwise. I hope we will all be able to rise to the challenge. After all true
  liberation is about people thinking for themselves and taking charge of what
  affects them, being able to accept what is genuine and finding solutions to their
  problems. I also hope that we can deal with this issue promptly and not allow it to
  continue to divert our attention.">>>>>>.

   May be Katim needs to reminded time and time again that he cannot police
the Internet. Once again you need to understand that without the list
members, there cannot be any Gambia-L, As Alpha said you atleast need
to solicit opinions from members before making any of your draconian
cyber rules. How can people take you seriously in your unrealistic
paper " A framework for Change " when you don't even want to consider
the views of the members of the small cyber community that you manage.
It is just the same kind of rules that the Dictator Jammeh imposed on
the Gambian people, may be this one is called Degree 99(" every member
of the list shall obey my rules, failure to do so will result  in your
immediate termination from the list  and more rules for the remaining
list members.")

BN