GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:35:06 +0000
African Viewpoint <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  To: [log in to unmask]
From: "African Viewpoint" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 00:51:27 +0000
Subject: [Network Africa Sweden] African Mental Health

    Subject: Toward a Pan African Mental Health Peer Group:

  The 12 Step  Model

by Marvin

1. We admit we are powerless over self-hatred, racism
and white supremacy thinking, and our lives have
become unmanageable partly because we live in denial.

2. We have come to believe that a power within
ourselves (We are within God and God is within us) can
restore us to sanity, freedom, self-determination,
independence and nationhood as a Pan African People,
as spiritually conscious human beings.

3. We have made a decision to turn our will and our
lives over to the care of the Higher Power within
ourselves.

4. We shall make a searching and fearless moral
inventory of ourselves. We shall examine our
self-hatred and explore why Africans hate Africans,
hate North American Africans, hate Caribbean Africans
but love Europeans and everything they are about:
politically, culturally, econonomically, socially,
morally, spiritually and sexually.

As per Europeans, they too must make a fearless moral
inventory to explore why their actions are contrary to
the will of God and the teachings of Jesus Christ who
was a revolutionary, not some conservative nerd
sitting around like a frog on a lily pad, but a man of
radical action to liberate the captives, feed the
poor, clothes the naked, house the homeless and heal
the broken hearted.

5. Admit to the God within ourselves and without, and
to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs,
i.e., evil thoughts we harbor, the desire to hate or
harm others for any reason.

6. We are entirely ready to have God as we know
Him/Her/It, remove all these defects of character that
hinder us from achieving God-consciousness and
national liberation as a Pan African nation.

7. We humbly ask God, i.e. Higher Power, He/Her/It, to
remove our shortcomings, i.e., self-hatred, ignorance,
jealousy, envy and greed.

8. Make a list of all the persons we harmed because of
self-hatred, racism, white supremacy thinking,
capitalist/imperialist greed, lust for power, and
become willing to make amends to them all, all the
people we robbed, beat and left half-dead on the
roadside (physically or emotionally) in our quest to
satisfy our addiction to self-hatred and white
supremacy thinking.

9. We will make direct amends to such people wherever
possible, except when to do so would injure them or
others. We will give reparations to ourselves.

10. Continue to take personal inventory of our
self-hatred, racist and white supremacy thinking and
behavior, and when we are wrong promptly admit it.

11. Seek through prayer and meditation to improve our
conscious contact with the God within and without
ourselves as we understand Him/Her/It, praying only
for knowledge of His/Her/Its will to free us from
self-hatred, racism and white supremacy thinking.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of
these steps, we shall carry the message to the Pan
African nation in Africa, North America, Central and
South America, the Caribbean, Europe and Asia.