GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:02:00 -0400
Mr. Jaw:

I believe it is premature to call Mr. Darboe to step down when there
was evidence of voter fraud and intimidation.  Please check the brief
report by the Commonwealth.  The full text will be out within
a reasonable time.

The election by all counts was not fair.  Even if Mr. Darboe were to
resign from UDP leadership, there are countless others who will
step in to lead UDP/NRP/GPDP.

I want to be fair to Mr. Sallah since he was also affected by the voter
fraud.  I believe in all sincerity that we should be objective.  We will
all perish under this dictatorship if we continue to be indifferent.
Please note, Jammeh's enemy is my friend, and I believe sh/e is your
friend too.

Though we had endorsed different parties, our hope is for a
yahyaless Gambia.  If we profess to exhibit such, then it is our
responsibility to challenge the results.

Jammeh stole this election.

Naphiyo,
Comrade Jassey-Conteh