GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fye Samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 23:55:24 +0100
Modou  Sidibeh.

With all due respect you are misunderstanding Tombong's stance for the APRC.
I belief in democracy and this is all we want for our people not only for Gambia
but for the whole African people.Is this happening in Gambia since Yahya came
to power?No, and Tombong is saying that with all he went through under Yahya,
Yes he was dumped unjustly and i think am right to say that because there is no
reason to justify his dismissal from his job.Jet he is still supporting that same rule
back home that's not real to me and i presume Tombong should sent better things
on the G/L than promoting Yahya and his cohorts.

I am quite sure i belief in freedom of speach and i never denied Tombong for his
political conscience infact is not my business which party he supports.But not to
tell us things unfounded at home such as human rights abuses and sending brothers
like DUMO et al in solitary confindment almost two years without no fair trial in
courts.Is that right?

Perhaps you are quilty of sending such unnecessary mail to me for intimidating our
brother Tombong.But the only thing i was trying to get from him is simple and justified
explaination MR OWENS mentioned and that has nothing to do with his political support.
But to deal with facts not for his symphaty for the Goverment,I hope you follow what
i am trying to say,Tombong is no enemy to the L members but we expect him to deal with
issues realistically.Do understand Mr Sidibeh am not a type to practise bad habits on the
G/L and i don't expect you to remind me that in future.I stand for what i said about
Tombong APRC has no better spokesman than him.

Respect
FYE.

From: "Modou Sidibeh"