GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:52:22 EST
Ebrima,

The late E. Mbenga is the same one you speak of. He was a very good friend of
mine. Among those who came to the States in '69 to early 70's was myself,
Matarr Njie (adi's brother) Peter Goddard, Lena Manga and co. Infact, i
remember meeting Sara Janha and Omar Secka in the States. I used to spend
some of my holidays at Ousman Sallah's when he worked for the U.N, and it was
there in New York that i first met Felix Downes Thomas, Ebou Jobarteh (
formerly of the U.N), Manu Goddard ( whom we call Manu Kumba), the late Dan
Goddard (Daddy Dan) Ebrima Mbenga and my brother Tijan Njie (T) whose dad and
uncle Tijan that he is named after, are sworn brothers with my dad  from
their younger days such that we consider them family. In High school days,
these guys were the older boys ( 6th form or so) that we younger girls had
crushes on. Ah, those were the days.I did not meet Seedy here at all.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 2/18/00 5:59:51 AM Central Standard Time,