GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:52:50 EDT
Thank you Suntou. You are too kind. On the Asian and Arab score, you are
indeed right and not only are they (for the most part) generous, they are
generous while they themselves are needy in many areas. A lot of people forget  or
miss the fact that it takes herculean efforts to bring potable water to most
arabs and asians not to mention capacity for food production to feed their
citizens. Most other countries do not assist these arab nations because they
believe arabs are endowed with enormous natural resources. It must be recognized
that natural resources do not bring water or food. It is the good heart of
the  arab to give of what little they have. I have been witness to that
generousity  and it is humbling. The arab in the village also has a sobering work
ethic. I  had a friend once in Tunis who amazed me and humbled me at his tenacity
to eke  out a thriving vegetable garden from sandy decrepit soil. Allah and
Omar are my  witnesses. I used to be confounded that a man with so much wealth
would  entertain drudgery with a hoe. How much complacent Africans don't know.
The man  also has a degree in Chemistry.

Call me Suntou. Thanx. Haruna.