GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edi Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:18:54 +0000
If eyes are the window to the soul, I can see you guys are cropping the
stalk to suggest the limit of the camera’s perspective. You are looking from
the vantage of the insider on the plain and you understood the devastation,
the remoteness of the  place and the hidden suffering, just out of focus.
(even if it cannot be possible to fucus on the whole plain at the same
time).  However, both sides of the coin can claim of bribery by Yahya and by
the deposed regime. Then again who cares as long as the interest of the
people and the country is placed forward, you are all entitle to your
arguments without hostility and haterite to one and other resulting to
offensive languages as seen in the previous days.

Besides, It is a necessity to underscore our psychological inability to
understand the dimension of this land of ours and her people. After all,
didn't’t it make sense that the best interests of humanity at large should
take place the value of any individual human interest. Call me a senseless
deviant, because of the muteness within me. But are you any different?  We
must act in a long-range interest of  humanity, respect patient and above
all rule of law that is governing this particular forum. If charity begins
at home, and who knows one of the contributors or who chooses to be only a
spectator in this forum can be a future leader. Therefore, a system of good
governing and rule of law should be put firmly in place to demonstrate what
we are against is real in our mind and deeds.

Looking into both sides again,  I thing, it should be like silent
partnership of give and take, slow movements and side steps, never overt.
Nothing last forever, hence thirty odd years of working together in a small
confines of office end up unprecedented. Again no one is an ass licker if
you chose to support or be against the government as well I should not be
framed stupid if chooses to think in my own way. We shouldn't’t forget the
fact that in the Gambia, disrespect to our elders can create conflict.  We
are all entitled to our opinions if we will not be hasitating to defend our
stance.  In this point, there is no miracle in the interest of the gambian
people than to wait and be patient for the next five years. Some people are
saying we should not darling the government, what will they do? Using sticks
guns, i don’t think so. We can remain opposition and go against what we
think is undemocratic and not in the interest of the gambian people. In this
way, i think, is quite good hence the complete focus on the entire plain
proof’s almost impossible, but using side cameras together with the main one
can rediscover and remedy the forgotten.

This forum is interesting if only, people’s professionalism is at a highest
level. I said this because in professional debate, intellectuality is what
matters not use of offensive words. There are few people in this forum whose
intellectuality prevails for my money. Thanks to sister Ndey Jobateh,
Momodou Sidibeh, Momodou Buhari Gassama, and few other etc. I am not here
for tawdriness  hence i am a primary school graduate, notwithstanding, I
will take the risk of expressing myself by putting forward my opinion
without any hesitations  or offensiveness, ”if this forum is for every
gambian”.  Besides perfection is only with God the almighty. What is
important here is, to be communicative and understood in simple form of the
language.

Good day and may god help us and bless The Gambia
Edi.