GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:56:46 EDT

Time out Suntou, Time out!!

Part of the miscommunication is my fault. I will represent the quiz here a
little better and since it is not midnight yet where you are, you still have an
 opportunity to submit your answers and you last submission will be graded.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Suntou:

Rules:

You may not consult the internet for these  questions.

You may get assistance from any of our coleagues here  (ELLEN) and when you
do, you
must acknowledge them in your  answers.

If you get help in any correct answer, you will get 75% of the prize and  the
helper will get 25% of the prize.

You may get the answers from your national TV station.

If you had already gotten these answers from the intinet prior to this  post,
that's alright, but you must acknowledge that in any of your  answers.

You have until midnight your time today to forward your answers. I will
grade your answers and for answers that are not adequate, you will be given
credit to the extent of your accuracy in relation to the weight of the  question.

All prizes won by you or your helper will go to ONE or MORE of the
following: Choose how you want your winnings distributed. These are not part of  the
questions of the Quiz.

For example; when you submit your answer to question 1, you will also let  me
know which Gambia-L coleague assisted you with the answer if anyone did. And
you will let me know who you want your winnings to go to among the list
immediately below. In other words these are the qualifying recipients of your
winnings:

 Your or your Ellen assistant's Favourite person in  Gambia.
PDOIS' Nyakoi schools programs.
UDP/NRP Women's  empowerment project.
Ellen's Host organisation.

These are the questions of the QUIZ: There are only 5 questions.

1. Who won the Fedex cup? Prize: $100.00
2. What was her  score?(under/over par) Prize: $100.00
3. Who won the Tour Championship?  Prize: $100.00
4. What is the Solheim cup? Prize: $100.00
5. Who won the  Solheim cup? Prize: $100.00

Good luck and happy golf. Haruna.
In a  message dated 9/17/2007 9:26:38 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,

[log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])   writes:

hi haruna .i  have some answers to the questions you asked me.

1.  my favourite gambian is a very tough question. ,this can easily be my
mother  ,uncle who did every thing for me ,my best friend ,former teacher etc.but
to  take emotion and close relation out of the equation ,the best contender
for me  is SEDIA JATTA from sutukoba .
why did i choose sedia when my own  step dad was a politicains for life ?
well ,for me it is easy .Sedia is the  first politicain whose private life is
like his poblic life.he is humble ,dowm  to earth and easy going.if you see sedia
in wulli ,you will swear that ,he  never went to school due to our steriotype
for non-schooled people.
he can adjust to any one and in many circumstances.the one thing i like about
 him most is the ability to generate knowledge .you know haruna ,many people
can vomit book knowledge but few can think outside the box .we read, pass
exams and then there you have us. finished .wealth creation and knowledge
generation is what many find hard to undertake.Sedia have the ability to  generate
knowledge ,and also rememering his acadamic background ,he is a high  achiever
.he was one's base in SOAS IN LONDON .he has attain the pick of his  choosen
field with a doctorate degree ,but few will even realise that .he is  also
very cultured ,eventhough i am a non-musical person ,sedia can even  entertain
guest with cora all day long .arise honourable sedia  jatta.

2.i am not very aware of the nyakoi school  project but i am aware of the
program that sedia and some pdois members  started .the program is to take a
percentage of their monthly salary for   people of their constituency .may be the
school is part of that programm.i did  try to contact PDOIS but i have no
reply .

3.the  udp/nrp women empowerment project is not news to me but i lack the
detail idea  behind the project. the project was form to bring together diverse
groups of  women all over the country to be active in politics and women rights
 issues.one Maimuna Ceesay is a leader of that movement .the diferrent nyaye
conpins join hands to be more powerful.i also did email udp for more
informaion but no reply .this may be due to internet provider problem i don't  know.
the UDP/NRP WEBSITE  has been  hijacted by a tourism agency  a  while ago
.www,udpgambia.org is paralised .

4.for now i have no glue as to what ellen host organisation is all about ,any
 one with information please email me privately.thanks.

SECTION TWO OF THE QUESTIONS DEALS WITH GOLF.

i never sate down to watch golf intentionally but i do listen to  the event
on car radio news.
i heard that tiger wolf won yet again  another pga cup.this is redicules ,how
can one person win every cup on the  table ?

1.the winner of the fedax cup is Lorena  Ochoa .the answer supplied to me by
kayatta .i did a lot of telephone  enquiries from the bbc and others but he
gave me the appropriate answer i  believe .

2. her score was 66 (11 under  133)

4.the soheim cup is founded by the sohiem  manufacturing cooperation. it is a
women trans-atlantic golf event competed by  women in the lpga .professional
golf playing ladies from all over the place  including europe play for the top
prise .it was founded in 1990 .i believe  karsten and louise sohiem are
intrumental figures in the  founding.

5.the U.S.A own the last cup in Pressel  .

3. i am still hunting for that answer. the tour  championship winner.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
Suntou:

Rules:

You may not consult the internet  for these questions.
You may get assistance from any of our coleagues here  and when you do, you
must acknowledge them in your answers.
If you get  help in any correct answer, you will get 75% of the prize and the
helper  will get 25% of the prize.
All prizes won by you or your helper will go to  the following:
You may get the answers from your national TV station.
If  you had already gotten these answers from the intinet prior to this post,

that's alright, but you must acknowledge that in any of your  answers.
You have until midnight your time today to forward your answers. I  will
grade your answers and for answers that are not adequate, you will be  given
credit to the extent of your accuracy in relation to the weight of  the
question.

1. Favourite person in Gambia.
2. PDOIS' Nyakoi  schools programs.
3. UDP/NRP Women's empowerment project.