GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:08:45 -0500
Another one of AFricas' "spiritual scientists" at work. Why can't we make
better use of the powers on loan from Almighty? Oh Africa!

Do I sound like I believe in such???? Well you read on and judge for
yourself. I am dumb founded! I have seen and heard a few bizzare things
happening, this is one such.......
Folks, just think about this. If we can say and it be done, then why is
Africa suffering so much?

Bizarre Death Shocks Brikama Nyambai, Man Blames Landlord's Wife

Email This Page

Print This Page

The Independent (Banjul)

November 12, 2001
Posted to the web November 12, 2001

Lamin Dibba
Banjul, the Gambia

A woman collapsed in the heat of a quarrel in Brikama Nyambai and died
later in hospital after her landlord's wife allegedly threatened that she
would die that day.

"You will die today and nothing will stop that. Tell your people to go and
dig your grave now as you will not even eat the food you have just bought
from the market," the landlord's wife Ida Sanneh was reportedly quoted as
telling Musu Camara who reportedly collapsed as soon as the words were
uttered.

Amie, a sister to Musu told The Independent that Musu died four hours later
at the RVH, casting suspicion on Ida Sanneh for allegedly using bizarre
spiritual fetishes to kill her victim. According to unconfirmed reports
Musu was her third victim in a couple of months to have died after she had
threatened them.

Mawdo Darboe Musu's enraged husband, who has vowed revenge, told The
Independent in tears that he will pursue the bizarre death of his wife to
its natural conclusion. "Come what may I will revenge," he vowed.

Ida Sanneh a native of Kiang Kaif but residing at Brikama Nyambai is
alleged to have used spiritual powers in order to eliminate Musu Camara who
worked as a nurse at the RVH.

Amie Camara, who claimed she is a sister and an eyewitness confirmed the
incident, claiming she was the subject of the row.

"I was doing some laundry in the morning while my sister Musu had gone to
the market when Ida our landlord's wife started insulting me," Amie
explained. She claimed that before the incident Musa Touray cautioned his
wife against insulting a tenant. Musu returned from the market and found
Ida shouting insults at her sister she said. That was when Ida turned her
insults on Musu Camara and made the threats that proceeded in the untimely
death of the Royal Victoria Hospital nurse.

Ida Sanneh was arrested and detained at the Brikama police station while
her husband Musa Touray is reported to have gone into hiding.

Tenants there told The Independent that they are frightened by the incident
and have already packed their belongings to leave the compound.

A neighbour who preferred anonymity alleged to The Independent that Musu
death has been the third such incident linked to Ida's alleged spiritual
witchcraft.

Musu Camara was laid to rest on Wednesday at Brikama Santa Su. Hundreds of
sympathizers including doctors and nurses attended the funeral.

Ida Sanneh has been released on bail after 72 hours under police custody