GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:37:51 EST
In all fairness, this B.Jaiteh who wrote the tretise on the Jawara era should
have signed his real name if he is to be taken seriously, and if he believes
wholeheartedly what he wrote.
I will concede that during the Jawara era, at least the country was not under
a reign of terror for most of the population, even though if the truth be
told, there was rampant corruption of the worst kind.Therefore, what has
happened with this present government is that we literally jumped from the
frying pan into the fire.In other words, we need neither rampant corruption
nor terrorism for our country, but a competent, capable and honest
leadership. Time and experience has amply demonstrated for us that these
qualities cannot be found in neither regime. We need peace, harmony and  a
fresh start folks, instead of some of us trying to seize the opportunity to
reinstate the Jawara regime.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 2/10/00 7:27:07 AM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]