GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Cisse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:14:27 +0000
Jaajef wa G-L

I don't know if there are any G-Lers in the Los Angeles area who might
want to take up this opportunity of training/development in netcasting? If
so, over to you...

Yeenduleen ak jaama

Tony

Progressive Muslims Network - http://www.freespeech.org/pmn/

sallaams folks

In the coming few months I hope to, with some other friends in los
angeles, give a workshop on internet radio, and issues around net
casting to at least one community group working with African
American and Latino youth in South Los Angeles. Our hope is that
this group will then produce their own community oriented program
that could be net cast.

Do you have or know of a community group/organization that might
be interested in such a workshop? Given that this note is going out
to mostly Muslims who might have contacts in Los Angeles, do let
me know if there are any muslim groups that might be interested in
net casting -especially youth groups, and we can talk in more
detail. -the only thing i will ask that I would encourage folks to use
this medium to explore and discuss community issues and
concerns... not just for netcasting khutbas and majlises... plenty of
other outlets for that... The real fun is in producing a community
based show.

highlights of upcoming programs on radio free palms include shows
on globalization, Earth First! environmental radio, issues of
genetics, Chiapas, and low intensity war fare against indigenous
peoples... shows on Iraq and the sanctions, Palestine, and a full
hour of commentories by the African American political prisoner (in
the US) Mumia Abu Jamal.

And, of-course, lots of (new) traditional folk sufi muslim music.

Radio Free Palms' web address is given below.
Islam and Social Justice Page: http://www.wco.com/~altaf/altaf.html

Radio Free Palms: Sufi world folk music + more:
http://www.mindspring.com/~altafb/radiofreepalms.html

Building an alternative to corporate dominated media: Z net:
http://www.zmag.org