GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ESSA BOKARR SEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 04:34:33 -0800
Recently we revisited the famous press release from the GCAA.In a satire that i wrote certian issues were presented in a condensed way.Once again let's continue this piece in a more explicit way...The issue of flights,registration of airline companies is so important in this modern world that,The Gambia Gvt should NOT! only rely on press releases and note verbales from embassies that maybe full if blames and counter accusations here and there.In this world that is full of terror-breeding ponds any gvt that wants to save it's country's image should not brush off such releases and then relax.
The British embassy has made it categorically clear now that,the GCAA in particular has not yet met ALL! the requirements.The press release from the embassy was an intervention to clarify what led to such a ban BUT IT DID NOT DENY THAT there is still much to be desired from Banjul.It is not surprising because the FAA-federal aviation authority harbours the same feelings when it comes to our darling GCAA.
In the press release of the British embassy we can see that it is stressing the need for improvement.Indeed this does not affect the open skies agreement.That agreement was also signed between The Gambia and the USA in 2000 under the able leadership of former SOS Sarjo Jallow.Isatou Jallow was the legal advicer of GCAA at the time.I do believe that Njok Cham is one of the best directors that the agency can have.Why he was fired is beyond me.Well I will not be surprised to hear that he was this and that or he did this and that,because in Banjul the state house is so "clean" that! whoever they fire,change,piss off or fall apart with  that person is the bad one and they are good!
This makes me laugh because that IS AN ABSOLUTE BLUE,BLACK AND PURPLE LIE!!!!!!!!!!
There are intellectuals who have been off the hook and today they are recognised all over the world doing wonders.Infact no one so far has ever been fired or otherwise and then that person has not achieved some'n better! better!!! than when he or she was working under the culture of electric brooms and funny stuff like that!
Sometimes it is the people in the streets who are the poor victims,most of us are not familiar with these technicalities and the administrative jargons that some directors,permanent secretaries play with here and there so it appears either confusing or or convincing,when the content are not true!!!
Combersome approaches and extraordinary excuses through texts and stratified layers of jargons can be simply compiled by verbous technocrats but production can never faked.
There are many things that are coming now which were started by former sos's or others,but it appears like those on now are the ones who did it,not at all!!!
This is exactly why I wrote the satire PAINTING IMAGES IN THE AIR...However much or however hard people work if the cradle itself is wet or acidic then it will be hard to realise results.That is why some people use such outlets to share their views and at leats give in what they know.Poeple on line are strong intellectuals so I see no reason why civil servants should not be engaing them and discuss issues.Many civil servants back home will tell you that the BOYS ON THE INTERNET INSULT PEOPLE SO WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE ON THE NET...That is nonsense!!!!some civil servants receive worst insults at work than what they may expect on line.I for one have been on for years now but that has not reduced my ability or my respect within any milieu that am currently serving.So communciation is very vital.I do not even know why such press releases are not being directly forwrded to the L and the post after all?
There are many on line who maybe able to help the GCAA solve their problems forthwith.But back home even if one is good at this teh moment he or she criticises then that person should not even be approached for help! Why?!
If I know that Haruna Darboe can help be rest assured even if he has a dog near his hosue I will come and aks for his assistance.NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT SHOULD GO BEYOND PETTY PERSONAL ISSUES.
We can even be analysing a lot of releases from certain corners in Banjul on line and show those affected where they need to improve.That can continue even when another gvt comes to replace the present statusquo.Gambians like the idea of tagging and saying "bul waha mom sahh!"

Essa.

Think before you sink!
"Pessimists see difficulty in every opportunity and optimists see an opportunity in every challenge"
"Suits cannot be made without scissors and niddles,so decent minds disagree to agree"