GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Amadu Pembo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:41:20 +0000
FROM THE MINBAR OF THE TWO HOLY MOSQUES IN MAKKAH AND MADINA

(Friday, March 7, 2003)

Sincerity: the key to prosperity, Sheikh Al Sudais

IN MAKKAH
"ALTHOUGH, the Muslim Ummah enters a new year with apparent disappointment
on not being able to chart out a course leading to glory and power,to foil
selfish designs and weather storms of greed and malice, nevertheless, the
hope for a bright future remains strong as is characteristic of a true man
of faith," said Sheikh Abdul Rahman Al Sudais, the Imam and Khateeb of the
Grand Mosque, in his Friday sermon.

"We hope the new Hijrah year, which marks the migration of Prophet Muhammad
(Sallallaaho alaihi wa sallam) and his Companions from Makkah to Madina
would be an auspicious occasion for introspection and stock-taking so that
the Ummah may fully realize that the accomplishment of all its lofty
objectives are subject to holding fast to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah
of His Prophet (Sallallaaho alaihi wa sallam)," he said. "The Ummah would
never be able to replace weaknesses with power, and humiliation with pride
unless it reverts back to the lofty standards set by the ancestors who
faithfully abided by the values and noble qualities of their religion which
the Prophet (Sallallaaho alaihi wa sallam) and his Companions taught and
that brought to it happiness in the world for centuries. (But) the
inculcation of the lofty values requires honesty and truthfulness in the
individual,in society and the Ummah at large; in words as well as deeds. All
of which richly reward the truthful. Prosperity and progress of a nation is
the product of honest and sincere efforts made by its dedicated and sincere
people. Intellectuals, writers, and media men should seek to bring out the
truth and the general good through honest dialogue and call for justice and
reconciliation, without in the least compromising the cherished principles
and the Shari'ah which are the mainstays of the Umm.
ah's integrity. The preservation of the Ummah's identity and its principles,
a sense of pride in its civilization and cultural attainments; protects its
dignity and honor from the onslaught of the evil designs of enemies.
Moreover, while the Ummah endeavors to scale the heights of progress and
prosperity, it must (also) safeguard the religious creed and virtues and
immunize its younger generations against the modern day challenges by
imparting Islamic education with the aid of modern methods and techniques,"
Sheikh Al Sudais said. He, however, expressed hope that the misunderstanding
about Islam and the hostile campaigns against it may subside with the advent
of the Islamic New Year. Sheikh Al Sudais asked those Muslims who mislead by
false ethos of western civilization, assert that there are shortcomings in
Islam and ask for changes in the Islamic education system - to stop their
demands prompted by ignorance and return back to the right path and join the
mainstream of the Ummah in the process of development and construction.
"Representation of Islam's good qualities and its universality is the best
protection against the challenges posed by globalization, and with the
beginning of a new years, Muslims would strive to achieve unity and
solidarity by forsaking empty slogans and false loyalties that are the cause
of all problems," Sheikh Al Sudais urged Muslim to derive lessons from the
Prophet's (Sallallaaho alaihi wa sallam) Hijrah which would help them forge
unity and devise plans to rid the Ummah of its sufferings at a time when the
world is beset with tribulations and the region is facing the dangers of
conflagration. He asked Muslims to defend their honor against the Zionist
aggression. "People with sound mind and followers of divine faiths around
the world are concerned about peace and stability. They are calling for
self-restraint and seeking recourse to wisdom rather than to horrors of wars
and disasters," He said.

Sheikh Al Sudais exhorted religious scholars to stress the need of unity and
solidarity among Muslims in line with the guidance of the Qur'an and the
Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaaho alaihi wa sallam). He urged them to
seek revival of virtues, morals and ideals- which were forgotten - so that
the Ummah once again stands up and defend itself (from inimical forces).

IN MADINA
Sheikh Abdul Mohsin Bin Muhammad Al Qasim, the Imam and Khateeb of the
Prophet's (Sallallaaho alaihi wa sallam) Mosque, in his Friday sermon said,
"The succession of months and years is a blessing from Allah, Who says in
the Qur'an: "And He has made subject to you the sun and the moon, both
diligently pursuing their courses; and the night and the day has He (also)
made subject to you. And He gives you all that you ask for. But if you count
the favors of Allah, never will you be able to number them. Verily, man is
given up to injustice and ingratitude. (Qur'an 14:33-34)." "Allah has sworn
in many verses of the Qur'an by part of the time such as day and night, dawn
and afternoon: and we bid farewell to a year of our lives, which has carried
away with it some of your deeds which will be brought before us on the Day
of Judgment,"  Sheikh Al Qasim said. "During the past year; we may have
missed a loved one, faced misfortune or committed sins. The day and nights
are repositories of what we did, and are stages of our lives. The year,
which has just passed, has carried with it what people did during it, and
their deeds, whether good or bad, will be presented to them on the Day of
Judgment. "So, a person should look into what he did in the past,and what he
has kept in store for the Hereafter. He should hold himself to account, and
try to reform his life and correct his mistakes before it is too late," he
concluded.
***************************************END************************************

Du’aa(Supplication).
Wa iz qa_la ibra_himu rabbi-j'al ha_zal balada a_minaw wa-jnubni wa baniyya
an na'budal asna_m(a).

Remember Abraham said: "O my Lord! make this city one of peace and security:
and preserve me and my sons from worshipping idols.

Rabbi innahunna adlalna kasiram minan na_s(i), faman tabi'ani fa innahu_
minni, wa man 'asa_ni fa innaka gafu_rur rahim(un).

"O my Lord! they have indeed led astray many among mankind: he then who
follows my (ways) is of me and he that disobeys me but thou art indeed
Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.

Rabbana_ inni askantu min zurriyyati bi wa_din gairi zi zar'in 'inda
baitikal muharram(i), rabbana_ liyuqimus sala_ta fa-j'al af'idatam minan
na_si tahwi ilaihim wa-rzuqhum minas samara_ti la'allahum yasykuru_n(a).

"O our Lord! I have made some of my offspring to dwell in a valley without
cultivation by thy Sacred House; in order O our Lord that they may establish
regular prayer: so fill the hearts of some among men with love towards them
and feed them with Fruits: so that they may give thanks.

Rabbana_ innaka ta'lamu ma_ nukhfi wa ma_ nu'lin(u), wa ma_ yakhfa_
'alalla_hi min syai'in fil ardi wa la_ fis sama_'(i).

"O our Lord! truly Thou dost know what we conceal and what we reveal: for
nothing whatever is hidden from Allah whether on earth or in heaven.

Al hamdu lilla_hil lazi wahaba li 'alal kibari isma_'ila wa isha_q(a), inna
rabbi lasami'ud du'a_'(i).

"Praise be to Allah who hath granted unto me in old age Ismail and Isaac:
for truly my Lord is He the Hearer of Prayer!

Rabbi-j'alni muqimas sala_ti wa min zurriyyati, rabbana_ wa taqabbal
du'a_'(i).

"O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer and also (raise such)
among my offspring O our Lord! and accept Thou my Prayer.

Rabbana-gfir li wa liwa_lidayya wa lil mu'minina yauma yaqu_mul hisa_b(u).

"O our Lord! cover (us) with Thy Forgiveness me my parents and (all)
Believers on the Day that the Reckoning will be established!"

“O Allah! Take charge of Muslim affairs, assists their congregation; give
them Your Divine support.Forgive them their sins, have mercy over them.Make
the Muslims strong; grant them victory over Your and their enemies.O Lord of
the worlds,the Most Merciful.”

MY Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no
knowledge.And unless You forgive me and have mercy on me, I would indeed be
one of the losers.

Our Lord! Make us not trial for the folk who are Zulimun. And save us by
Your Mercy from the disbelieving folk.

My Lord! If you would show me that with which they are threatened (torment),
My Lord! Then (save me from Your punishment), put me not amongst the people
who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrongdoers).

My Lord! For that with which You have favored me,I will never more be a
helper of the Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners)!

My Lord! Save me from the people who are wrong-doers.

  Our Lord! Make us not a trial for the disbelievers, and forgive us, Our
Lord! Verily, You, only You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
O my People!You have wronged yourselves by worshipping the calf,so turn in
repentence to your Creator...that will be better for you with your
Creator.Then He accepted your repentence,Truly,He is the One Who accepts
repentence,the most Merciful.(Supplication of Sayyida Musa)
  Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error,our Lord!Lay not
on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us;Our Lord!Put
not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear.Parden us and grant
us forgiveness.Have mercy on us.You are our Maula(Patron,supporter and
Protector) and give us victory over the disbelieving people.
My Lord! Forgive me, and my parents, and him who enters my home as a
believer,and all the believing men and women. Ameen.

With the very best of good wishes,
Musa Amadu Pembo
Glasgow,
Scotland
UK.
Da’wah is to convey the message with wisdom and with good words. We should
give the noble and positive message of Islam. We should try to emphasize
more commonalities and explain the difference without getting into
theological arguments and without claiming the superiority of one position
over the other. There is a great interest among the people to know about
Islam and we should do our best to give the right message.
May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,guide us all to His Sirat Al-Mustaqim (Righteous
Path).May He protect us from the evils of this life and the hereafter.May
Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,grant us entrance to paradise .
We ask Allaah the Most High, the All-Powerful, to teach us that which will
benefit us, and to benefit us by that which we learn. May Allaah Subhanahu
Wa Ta'ala grant blessings and peace to our Prophet Muhammad and his family
and
companions..Amen.

http://messenger.msn.co.uk