GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 21:06:48 EDT
Brother Hamjatta:
I did not want Yusupha Jow (please note the spelling) to become the central
point of this debate.  Thus this title as opposed to the rather misleading
one you chose to use.  I also choose not to bite on the 'charlatanry and
such' bait. Those are character accusations which simply create unnecessary
strife. Let's discuss your theory.

Dampha has already withdrawn from his original stance: The 'theory' being the
number one reason for the loss in Kiang and close victory in Baddibou.  This
new stance, in my opinion, completely rubbishes his earlier support of it.
Nevertheless, the colorful adjectives you have used to describe my arguments
are to be expected in lieu of the 'overly thinking alike' mentality which I
described in my original piece.  It is not necessarily always a bad thing
except that at times it tends to obscure or bias perfectly reasonable
opposition to a generally accepted shaky theory (as in this case).  But this
is your prerogative which I shall accept except that I think it is perfectly
reasonable for me to put your original buyout theory to the test since you
have submitted it in it's entirety.

Unfortunately, I have an appointment in another city this evening and a long
drive awaits me.  So closer scrutiny of your widely accepted voter buyout
theory will have to wait till tomorrow perhaps.

Have a nice evening!