GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 09:57:52 EDT
It has been brought to my attention by several sources, that sadly, there
are certain unsavory persons who are going around saying that I am silent these
days because I have been bought by Yaya Jammeh, and they even go so far  as
to say that the agent for such a transaction was my brother in law,  Amadou
Samba.

Let these slanderers take note that:

1.My family does not nor have they ever tried to influence my  stand on the
APRC regime simply because they know me. I, on the other hand  can guarantee
anyone that I have in the past, present and will  continue to do so in the
future, spent a great deal of time trying to  convince anyone related to me to stay
clear of the APRC regime.

2. When I stood up to oppose the APRC regime, I was in full control of all
my mental as well as moral faculties. I have  therefore never at any  time in
the past or present lost knowledge of who my relatives are nor  what my
responsibilities as a decent member of the human race are, and that if  the
consideration of relations directed my sense of right and wrong, I  would  have never
have spoken out against this regime. Gambians will get  somewhere when we
finally get to the point where we can say what  needs to be said regardless of
whether even our own parents are the  culprits.

3.My opposition to injustice wherever it is practiced and by  whomever it is
practiced, cannot be based on and is not, was not and  will never be based on
personal or political gain and is most definitely not  dictated by my
proximity to the perpetrators or collaborators.

4. It is not possible for me to support the APRC regime ever, and the  reason
is simple and uncomplicated. It is simply because it is not  humanly possible
for me to find any place within me to ever  justify such a thing. As far as I
am concerned, the day they spilled the first  drop of Gambian blood was the
point of no return in any form of compromise  between them and the Gambian
people. The only solution is that these  people stand trial  in a court of law for
the crimes they have  committed and continue to commit against our country
and our people up to  this very second. For me, it is a matter of when Gambians
will get  justice, and not whether one closes one's eyes to join in such
hegemony for  personal gain or even for basic survival.

5.Even if Yaya Jammeh and his collaborators possessed all the money on  God's
green earth, that money would not be enough to make I, Jabou Ndaraw  Joh to
abandon my sense of decency as a member of the Human race, which is  really the
deciding factor as to whether one supports the APRC regime or not, to  join
the criminal regime that has become a veritable nightmare for all  Gambians.

3. Yaya Jammeh and his cohorts may not be very bright as evidenced by their
daily actions towards our people and which they know full well that they
shall surely pay the price for one day soon, but I guarantee you that not even  in
their moments of temporary insanity would they include I, Jabou Joh  on a
long list of potential cronies to approach in any form or manner for any  reason.

4. It is unfortunate that there are still elements in our society who  for
lack of self esteem or just plain bad character, feel that the only way they
can be somebody it to perceive others as enemies and to proceed to  attempt to
destroy their character. That is a sad and unfortunate
set of circumstances that is at the root of why someone like Jammeh can
flourish in our midst and for all these years.

However, I suspect that whoever is trying to slander my name is already  well
aware of all the above and their intention is driven by other  motives.
However, there is a wollof saying that people always measure you  by the same
yardstick they use to measure themselves, in other words, whoever  believes I can
be bought is most likely someone who will go to the highest  bidder.

Jabou Ndaraw Joh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい