GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beran jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:21:07 -0500
Joe,

You seem to be more concern about the civil servants being fired than
themselves. Most of these civil servants transitioned from the Jawara
administration to the Jammeh administration. They will not protest or make
their voices heard regarding the so called firing spree. As a matter of
fact,they are probably begging and lobbying to get their jobs back. As Mr.
Saine enquired about in his last posting,"Ngorr and Jom" has long been gone
in Gambian society particularly ,in the urban areas.This has been the case
since Jawara.
President Jammeh is implementing what he campaigned on that he will fire
civil servants who oppose his regime. You may not agree on how is going
about doing it but that is exactly what he is doing.Mr Darboe also said
during the campaign that he will fire civil servants who showed support for
the APRC. He might have taken a different approach!
Jammeh put the electorate on notice about his intention and was given a
clean bill of health by the electorate. It is time we hold our people
accountable for their decisions and actions.

Beran